Student Health & Counseling Services

Medical and Mental Health Services are available during business hours (which generally follow the academic year calendar). 

Appointments are available through telehealth and in-person. 

If you need medical or mental health services when we are closed (evenings, weekends, summer break):

please schedule with TimelyCare.  

For life threatening medical or mental health emergencies call 911

To reach us during the summer months, please use email. 

Response may be delayed up to 5 days due to irregular summer schedules.

Medical: email or call 707.826.3146 

CAPS: email or call 707.826.3236 


A warm welcome from our team!

Student Health and Wellbeing Services (SHWS), a fully accredited clinic, consists of Medical Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Health Education.  Our licensed medical professionals include physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, medical assistants, clinical laboratory scientists and a radiological technologist.  Our professional mental health providers include licensed psychologists, social workers, and marriage and family therapists, as well as therapists fulfilling professional training at our site.  Our front office staff is welcoming, knowledgeable and always happy to assist you with health records, appointment scheduling and any other questions.  In our Recreation & Wellness facility, our Health Education team and the Peer Health Educators focus on health-promoting fun activities for students. Together, our Student Health and Wellbeing Services team is dedicated to helping you overcome health barriers to academic success.





Finding us

Student Health and Counseling (SHC) is located to the left of Plaza Circle, a bit north of the Humboldt Library. CAPS also has a second location across campus at BSS 208. For assistance outside of our business hours:

  • Please make an appointment with our telehealth service, TimelyCare.  TimelyCare provides immediate and scheduled counseling and medical telehealth appointments.
  • For community services, here are some resources that may be of help:  medical facilities and psychological resources.

Accessing our services

SHC is mainly funded by the required Health Services fee, paid as part of the tuition, and billed directly to student accounts. SHC services are provided to regularly enrolled students. Though most of our services at SHC are free, there are some medical services and supplies that may require a small fee.  A few examples of these are immunizations, TB skin tests, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, x-rays, laboratory work, and splints / braces. The medical services fee schedule is available here.

Humboldt is located in Humboldt County, a rural, medically-underserved area. Primary Care Providers (a role that must be filled by the physician designated by your insurance plan), as well as some medical and mental health specialists, are in short supply. It is very important that you and your family research available medical options, including psychiatry and psychological treatment, before coming to Humboldt so you may be sure your needs are met. It is also important to note that, because of our high volume of patient visits, we cannot provide care for long-term issues, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, chronic health (including psychiatric) problems or medication treatment for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder, nor can we qualify students for permanent disability.

Medical and Mental Health After Hours Care & More!

Health Portal

Timely Care



Get the latest information:

Wellbeing Welcomes You Logo