Accidents & Injuries

Providers at the Humboldt Student Health Center can diagnose and treat various injuries such as cuts, bruises, sprains/strains, broken bones, and head injuries. Complex injuries will be referred to an appropriate specialist.

We have a Physical Therapist who is available on a limited consultation basis by referral from the Student Health Center. Depending on insurance, referrals can be made to local Physical Therapists.


Wellness Toolkit

Tips for Preventing Injuries

• Always wear a seat belt in a moving vehicle.

• Always wear a helmet when riding a bike, skate board, or skates. Use other protective gear, such as wrist, knee, and elbow guards.

• Never drive or let others drive after using alcohol or other drugs.

• Don’t drive while distracted (don’t text or talk on the phone).   

Head Injuries

What is a concussion?

The North Coast Concussion Program at Humboldt is a resource for concussion information, management, and prevention. 

Ankle Sprains

Low Back Pain

Common Running Injuries


Cal Poly Humboldt


Frequently Asked Questions about Accidents & Injuries

Can I get crutches at the Student Health Center?

Yes, we have crutches and canes for rent. Your student account will be charged a $20 deposit when you check them out, and the charge is reversed (except for a $5 rental fee) when they're returned in good condition.


I have an injury and need help getting around campus.

The Student Disability Resource Center has a tram service to help transport students with mobility issues around campus. If you need tram services, you will need to be seen at the Student Health Center to complete a Medical Documentation Verification Form.